What is jazz? “Jazz is a growing musical force. It will keep expanding and growing for many years to come.” says Mundell Lowe. “There’s at least one element of jazz that has remained the same and that is improvisation.” says Don Friedman.
Jazz is improvisation, it is alive and will stay alive!
This blog is a testimony to the most vivid music the last century brought us.
We will offer you interviews, music and stories.
- Stan Freberg: Clever ComedyStan Freberg was many things. Dull wasn't one of them. He was an advertising copywriter and creative director, voice actor, radio personality, singer and comedian starting in the late 1940s. He also was the father of the send-up single and sardonic TV advertisement. Freberg, who died in 2015, also loved jazz, as many fans know from Three Little Bops, th […]
- Sonny and Horace: 1959On Thursday, March 5, 1959, the Sonny Rollins Trio and the Horace Silver Quintet were in Zurich on a joint European tour. Interestingly, Sonny and Silver were at different points in their careers. Silver had yet to crest and would record the fiery Blowin' the Blues Away in August before riding his funk piano style into the 1960s. Sonny, by contrast, had […]
- Rare Hod O'Brien + Doug RaneyRecently, Joop van der Leij, a dear friend in the Netherlands, sent along a few rare tracks from his private recordings, featuring pianist Hod O'Brien (above) and guitarist Doug Raney (below). O'Brien passed away on Nov. 20 (here) and Raney on May 1. I've written about Raney several times (including here and here). In November 1988, while O […]
- Abercrombie en Copland hebben er weinig zin in fb.me/5vOSEyKp2 2 days ago
- Storm in Amsterdam (2013). Blik vanuit de Staalkamer (pand GGD Nieuwe Achtergracht). fb.me/1z82YObP7 2 days ago
- fb.me/2sqKZG8ih 4 days ago
- Gretchen am spinnrade, zweiter teil fb.me/14J4XD6hX 4 days ago
- immagini storiche di Puccini nella sua villa di Torre del Lago fb.me/5RFOv9mNB 4 days ago